David L. Ditora
- Civil Trials
- Elder Abuse
- Medical Malpractice and Hospital Liability Defense
- Social Services Administrative Law
- Personal Injury
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Representation of Non-Profit Housing, Homelessness, and Mental Health Service Providers
- Employment Litigation
- Complex Litigation
Mr. Ditora attended law school at the University of California, Davis, graduating in 1985. In law school, Mr. Ditora competed at the National Finals of the American Bar Association Appellate Advocacy Competition in Chicago, Illinois. Prior to entering law school, Mr. Ditora worked for three years as a Fellow in the State Assembly. He was student body president at Cal State University, Fresno.
Mr. Ditora was a partner at Diepenbrock, Wulff, Plant and Hannegan, where he worked from 1985 to 1999, when the firm dissolved. He is rated AV by Martindale Hubbell. Mr. Ditora has successfully tried medical malpractice, insurance bad faith, business litigation, copyright, and personal injury matters before juries in state and federal courts. He represented the California Department of Insurance as a lead trial attorney in Proposition 103 rate rollback administrative litigation.
Mr. Ditora has served as the President of the Sacramento Barristers' Club, and a council member of the Sacramento Bar Association. He is a former President of the Sacramento Law Foundation. Mr. Ditora has presented several CEB programs concerning recent developments in civil litigation. He is a former member of the Board of Directors and Treasurer of Blood Source, the primary blood donation organization in the Sacramento area.
- University of California at Davis School of Law, Davis, California
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1985
- Honors: National Finals of the American Bar Association Appellate Advocacy Competition
- California State University, Fresno, California
- B.S., Bachelor of Science - 00/1980
- California, 1985
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 1985
- National Finalist, Appellate Advocacy Competition, U.C. Davis Law School, 1984
- State Bar of California, Member
- Sacramento County Bar Association
- Sacramento Barristers’ Club
- Aerojet General Corporation
- Farmers Insurance Company
- California Hospital Association Insurance Service, Inc.
Fraternities and Sororities
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon
- Alpha Kappa Psi
Current Employment Position
- Diepenbrock, Wulff, Plant and Hannegan