- Civil Litigation
- Medical Malpractice and Hospital Liability Defense
- Personal Injury
- Professional Licensing
Mr. McKinley obtained his B.A. at the University of California, Santa Barbara, in 1993. He received his J.D. from Massachusetts School of Law, where he was Vice Dean of Delta Theta Phi and a Moot Court participant. He was admitted to the bar in Massachusetts in 1997, and admitted in California in 1998. He is also admitted to practice in U.S. District Court, Eastern and Northern Districts of California, as well as the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal.
Mr. McKinley has represented a wide range of health care providers, and is experienced in all aspects of medical-legal defense. Mr. McKinley also represents plaintiffs in select personal injury matters. He has multiple jury trials to his credit, as well as a successful appeal in the Third District Court regarding summary judgment standards in the context of medical malpractice actions, which produced a published decision (Bushling v. Fremont Medical Center (2004) 117 Cal.App.4th 493.).
Mr. McKinley is a member of the Sacramento County Bar Association, Association of Defense Counsel and the Defense Research Institute. He also serves as a Judge Pro Tem for the El Dorado County Superior Court. Mr. McKinley is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Massachusetts School of Law, Andover, Massachusetts
- University of California, Santa Barbara
- B.A. - 1993
- Massachusetts, 1997
- California, 1998
- U.S. District Court
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Bushling v. Fremont Medical Center (2004) 117 Cal.App.4th 493
- Rated AV by Martindale-Hubbell
Fraternities or Sororities
- Delta Theta Phi
- Sacramento County Bar Association, Member
- Association of Defense Counsel, Member
Current Employment Position