- Insurance Defense
- Medical Malpractice and Hospital Liability Defense
- Long Term Care Liability Defense
- Professional Licensing
Ms. Low has been the Managing Partner of Low McKinley & Salenko, LLP since the firm's inception in 2004. She attended law school at University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law where she was a member of the nationally recognized Mock Trial Competition Team. Ms. Low is a Diplomate of the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys and is an invited member of the California Medical Legal Committee, an organization which limits its membership to seventy attorneys in California. Since 2014, she has been recognized as a Super Lawyer in Northern California and has been featured in The Recorder and Daily Journal as a top-rated attorney in Healthcare Law.
Ms. Low is rated AV by Martindale-Hubbell. She has successfully tried numerous professional liability cases to jury verdict as well as administrative licensing matters. This achievement has been recognized by the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA). Prior to being admitted to the California Bar in 1990, Ms. Low was a Registered Nurse for fifteen years and was certified by the American Association of Critical Care Nurses.
Ms. Low has lectured and published on a broad range of subjects in the medical-legal context. She has presented accredited programs to physicians on behalf of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education and has presented several accredited programs to attorneys. She has also presented programs to liability insurers, acute care hospitals and long-term care facilities on issues ranging from effective communication, patient hand offs, documentation and risk management and litigation strategies.
Since 2009, Ms. Low has been listed in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers and is also listed in the Lexis Nexis of Register of Preeminent Women's Lawyers. She is a member of the American Bar Association, California State Bar Association, Defense Council of Northern California, and the Sacramento Bar Association.
Ms. Low served for four years on the Executive Committee for the Law Practice Management and Technology section of the California State Bar Association.
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California
- Eastern Kentucky University
- B.S., Bachelor of Science - 1978
- Honors: Selected for membership in the Sigma Theta Tau National Honor Society
- Major: Nursing
- California, 1990
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 1990
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1990
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1990
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Featured in The Recorder and Daily Journal as a top-rated attorney in Healthcare Law
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- Recipient of Woman of the Year (2013-2014)
- National Association of Professional Women
- Association of Defense Counsel
- Sacramento County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- California Medical Legal Committee
Current Employment Position
Classes & Seminars
- Failure to Diagnose Myocardial Infarction
- Dynamic Techniques for Using Expert Witnesses
- How to Present and Attack Documentary and Demonstrative Evidence
- Medical-Legal Risks and Experiences in Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery
- Long-Term Care Liability
- Partner, Schuering Zimmerman Scully & Nolan
Certified Legal Specialties
- Medical Malpractice, American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys, 2013