Peter G. Washington
- Civil Trials
- Medical Malpractice and Public Entity Defense
- Federal Civil Rights Litigation
- Wildfire Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Railroad Law
- Employment Law
- Products Liability Litigation
Mr. Washington was born and raised in Chico, California, attending high school in the Sacramento area. He attended Oberlin College and graduated with honors in mathematics, with a second major in philosophy. After two years as a firefighter with the United States Forest Service, he studied law at UC Berkeley's Boalt Hall School of Law, where he received his Juris Doctorate in 2003.
Mr. Washington practiced civil litigation with Oakland firm of Anthony & Carlson, later Anthony & Associates, from 2004 to 2011. While there he worked on numerous complex medical malpractice and employment cases in both trial and appellate courts.
Mr. Washington returned home to Chico and joined Washington & Heithecker in 2012, then became a partner in Washington & Washington when it was formed in 2018. His practice included civil litigation emphasizing medical malpractice defense, personal injury and public entity liability, as well as criminal defense and appellate work. His experience as a firefighter and familiarity with the local outdoors has provided useful in recent fire litigation. He also served as special counsel to the Butte County Public Guardian and Department of Behavioral Health.
Mr. Washington joined Low McKinley & Salenko, LLP in December 2022.
- University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, Berkeley, California
- Doctor of Jurisprudence - 2003
- Honors: National Finals of the American Bar Association Appellate Advocacy Competition
- Oberlin College, Oberlin, Ohio
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1998
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- State Bar of California, Member
- Butte County Bar Association
- Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California & Nevada
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice
Current Employment Position
- Washington & Washington
- Washington & Heithecker
- Anthony & Associates
- Law Office of William Campisi, Jr.