- Civil Litigation
- Medical Malpractice and Hospital Liability Defense
- Elder Abuse Defense
- Professional Licensing
Vanessa Raven was born and raised in the Sacramento area. She graduated magna cum laude at California State University, Sacramento with a Bachelors of Arts in English in 2009. She then attended law school at University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law and graduated in 2013. Ms. Raven was a member of the highly competitive and nationally recognized McGeorge Mock Trial Competition Team. She received the Witkin award in the subject of Torts, and was a Barristers Scholar, a Legal Scholar, on the Deans Honors List, and a member of Phi Delta Phi.
Ms. Raven was admitted to the California State Bar in 2013 and she has successfully represented physician, multi-specialty medical groups, acute care hospitals and allied health professionals in both civil litigation and administrative licensing matters. She has successfully second chaired two medical malpractice cases to jury verdict and has successfully tried a professional licensing matter.
Ms. Raven was admitted to the Nevada State Bar in 2017. She has lectured to professional groups on litigation issues relating to medical malpractice and has provided advice to acute care hospitals and medical groups on risk management issues.
Ms. Raven is a board member of Women Lawyers of Sacramento, where she serves on the Grants and Awards Committee. In this role she assists with the selection and administration of scholarships to local law students, grants to local organizations that demonstrate commitment to advancing the causes of women, children and legal access in the Sacramento community.
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California
- J.D. - 2013
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: With Distinction
- Honors: McGeorge Mock Trial Competition
- California State University, Sacramento, California
- B.A. - 2009
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: English
- California, 2013
- Nevada, 2017
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Supreme Court of Nevada
- Witkin Award - Torts
Fraternities or Sororities
- Phi Delta Phi
- Woman Lawyers of Sacramento, Board Member, Present
- Anthony M. Kennedy Inn of Court, Member, Present
- Sacramento County Bar Association, Member, Present
- Association of Defense Counsel of Northern CA & Nevada, Member, Present
- CA Academy of Attorneys for Healthcare Professionals, Member, Present
Current Employment Position