Nicholas J. Leonard
- Medical Defense
- Nursing and Hospital Liability Defense
- Adult and Elder Neglect and Abuse
- Medical Malpractice and Hospital Liability Defense
- Professional Licensing
- Long Term Care Liability Defense
Mr. Leonard graduated from the University of California Hastings College of the Law, where he was a member of the Hastings Communications and Entertainment Law Journal, Vice President of the Association of Communication, Sports & Entertainment Law, and a Teacher’s Assistant for a Legal Writing and Research Class. He also won the best oral advocate honorable mention award for his performance in Moot Court, and clerked at the California Attorney General’s Office.
Mr. Leonard received a B.S. in Computer Science with a Business Specialization from Seattle University, where he was a member of the Dean’s List. He also received an athletic scholarship as a member of the men’s basketball team, and was honored as a member of the league’s academic all-conference first-team three times. After graduating, Mr. Leonard worked as a Business Systems Analyst at Microsoft in Redmond, Washington.
Mr. Leonard joined the firm in 2009 and became a partner in 2014. He was selected as a Rising Star recipient for Northern California in 2014 to 2016 and 2018 to 2020. In 2019, he completed the ABA/ABOTA National Trial Academy. Mr. Leonard's practice consists of medical, nursing and hospital liability defense, including claims for dependent adult and elder neglect and abuse.
Mr. Leonard is a member of the Association of Defense Counsel and Sacramento County Bar Association.
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California
- Honors: Won the best oral advocate honorable mention award for his performance in Moot Court
- Seattle University
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Computer Science with a Business Specialization
- Best Oral Advocate
- Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- Sacramento County Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association
Current Employment Position
- Microsoft, Business Systems Analyst